Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Back On the Grind

Well its been a while since I posted. Hell, Its been a while since I worked out. Yesterday was the first day I was in the gym since November 15th. Since then I've totally revamped my entire workout approach. Originally my workouts were targeted for certain muscle groups, whether it be chest, back and shoulders,arms, or legs. Though a lot of the time I would combine workouts to do super sets or even circuits. These workouts were created to build size and strength.

My big change comes in the form of my overall goals and philosophy. For the last two years my workouts were geared towards gaining mass and strength. Now I'm focusing on speed, quickness, balance and stability. While I had done workouts that would fall within those categories, they weren't my main focus.

From now until March I'm doing full body weight training sessions. I'm still working on the exact schedule, but right now I'm looking at three weight training workouts a week with three plyometric or gymnastic/tricking workouts.

I'm looking to really work on my overall athletic ability focusing on explosive speed and quickness, climbing, jumping and flipping. I'm going to cut back a little on the weight training because of these goals.

In the next few days ill have my updated workouts and schedule. In mid March I plan on switching back to my "bulking up" workouts until May. In May I plan on switching back to my full body workouts to get ready for summer.

Hopefully my new workouts can help anyone reading this reach their goals. Just be warned they are not for the faint of heart.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment